Have you ever visited a dentist for a gum disease examination? Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, refers to an infection of your gum tissues and can arise at any time. Numerous risks can arise and cause gum disease to occur. To help prevent gum disease from arising or even progressing further, look for the common symptoms that it may be present, including the following:
– Are you suffering from frequent halitosis symptoms which continue return to despite treatments?
– Have you noticed any signs that your teeth are receding back in your mouth? Are your gums pulling back away from your teeth? Does it appear your teeth are looking longer than normal?
– Have you noticed any signs of swelling or inflammation in or on your gums?
– Do you have any forms of extreme sensitivity with your teeth including teeth that are movable or slide in or out of position?
– Have you ever noticed any signs of gums continuing to bleed frequently during activities such as eating or cleaning your mouth out?
– Are your gums sensitive to the touch?
– Do you have any painful chewing sensations while eating or do you notice any pus or sores between your teeth and gums?
No matter which decision for your gum disease care you choose, Dr. Purvesh Malaviya and Dr. Mrugank Sardhara at Creative Smiles Dental Care will make sure that you receive the care and support your smile requires. If you would like to come stop by our dentist office in Brockton, Massachusetts, please schedule an appointment at 508-588-1400.